Spuntech Industries in North Carolina is always looking for motivated individuals to join our Skilled Operator Team! If you’re a self-driven team player, that likes to be a part of a highly qualified and efficient, team we want you. Successful candidates must be self-driven, flexible, and willing to work any shift. Skilled Operators are responsible for operating continuous production line equipment, while facilitating maximum capacity and minimal downtown. Skilled Operators must be able to work well with members of various departments, including their home department, lab technicians, quality, and members of management.
Additional Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing job duties in compliance with site safety rules and notify appropriate management of any safety hazards, with the intent of supporting an injury-free work environment.
- Abiding by job related procedures, work instructions and other guidelines designed to help ensure the quality of the finished product.
- Monitoring and making adjustments to line production processes using HMI’s (Human Machine Interfaces) to ensure high levels of quality and maximum capacity
- Troubleshooting and anticipating problems to correct or prevent interruptions to the line, using powers of observation and hearing, knowledge of formulas and percent mixes of different product, and familiarity and experience with fibers
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure consistent performance of quality checks and appropriate response to results
- Routinely performing preventative maintenance and replace key parts
- Working as a team with other operators and lab technician on each shift, maintaining communication using verbal skills (“hand-off” meetings), written skills (emails, logs, reports), and body language
- Maintaining work area and equipment cleanliness
- Supporting the company’s quality and safety initiatives
The Skilled Operator will have:
- High School Diploma or GED, with a two-year technical degree desired and a four-year degree a plus
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing or technical field, with experience in continuous process manufacturing or in non-woven textile manufacturing a plus
- Education and/or experience with the operation of computers – Excel is a plus
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience or equivalent education in fundamentals of mechanics and electricity, with demonstrated ability to operate and fix mechanical and electrical devices on a small scale
- The ability to lift at least 50 pounds occasionally, 30 pounds regularly
- The ability to drive various types of lifts is preferred for this position